Monday, May 7, 2012

Homework - Due 5.8.12


Monsoon Asia - Challenge 4

1. What type of vegetation is found in Bangladesh? How might climate help to explain why?

2. In which country do the people use their land for almost nothing but nomadic herding? How does the vegetation zone help to explain why?

3. On which two Indonesian islands is forestry one use of the land? How does the vegetation zone there help to explain why people work in forestry?

4. Compare the population densities in the western and eastern halves of China. How do physical features and climate help to explain why they are so different?

5. Where in Monsoon Asia does this person live? Why do you think so?
The coastal areas of my country have over 250 people per square mile. Like many people here, I am a subsistence farmer. My cousin works for a manufacturing plant in a city. My country is one of diversity. The elevation ranges from sea level to over 10,000 feet. Parts of my country are dry all year round. Other parts are tropical with wet and dry seasons.

6. For a travel guide of my country, I write:
Our climate is pleasantnot too dry nor too wet, like some parts of Monsoon Asia.
Our capital city of over 8 million people offers shopping, museums, and entertainment.
We have different types of forests to enjoy.
I also include a map of the islands that make up my country. Which country am I writing about? Why do you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment